The Chemistry Learning Center (CLC)
The CLC is located on the first floor of the Chemistry Research Laboratories (CRL 157)
Many different resources are offered for students who want help learning chemistry
- Chemistry Learning Center Free Evening Tutoring (Chem 110, 111, 112, 115, 116, 117 & 118) offered Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings between 7 PM and 10 PM.
- Extra Lecture Support Instruction (ELSI Chem 110)
- Peer Lead Team Learning (PLTL; Chem 115, 116, and 233)
Free chemistry tutors are available at other learning sites on campus
- Academic Resource Center (Downtown Library, Brooke Tower, WVUp All Night, Fieldcrest Hall)
Chemistry Learning Center Free Evening Tutoring
- A FREE tutorial service offered to students taking General Chemistry courses (Chem 110, 111, 112, 115, 116, 117 & 118).
- Fall and spring semesters from 7 -10 PM on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings
- The tutors are members of the ACS Student Affiliates who volunteer their time.
The Department strongly supports the Center by providing space and tutor training. Students in the General Chemistry courses are encouraged to take advantage of this resource.
The tutors receive benefit from their services. Explaining a concept to another student is the best way to learn the concept yourself. Many tutors report great success on the chemistry parts of standardized exams like the MCAT. Tutors wishing to earn academic credit for their tutoring activities can register for Chem 490 (Teaching Practicum). This course provides Honors credit for students in the WVU Honors program. Prior approval of the instructor (Dr. Finklea) is requested.